Re: [CODE] Race vs Class vs Stat generation

From: Dereck Kozak (nightlith@mb.sympatico.ca)
Date: 06/27/00

Thomas Arp wrote:

> [...]

Then maybe it's a glitch in OLC, because If I remove a vnum, it remove the oject, not
the mob.

> > But my real question is: I've been browsing through some docs, and the code,
> > because I'm adding some more classes, and races. When I realized something
> > scary. A new characters hp is dome randomly. Which is fine, but why in the
> > world as we know it, are those random numbers not grabbed from his Con stat???
> > I thought Con meant overall healthyness, and helped DM's in creating a pc's
> > hp? (I love abbrev's!) On that note, mana from wis/int (Dependent on cleric
> > or magic-user) Has anybody changed this, or did I miss it, and it's buried
> > somewhere else? I never really did well in D&D, but IMO those stats are the
> > foundation of a character. Feedback?

> the hitpoints ARE dependant on the CON of the char. In do_start(), they are initially

> set to 10, before a call to advance_level() adds (amongst other things)
> con_app[GET_CON(ch)].hitp, which is very much con based. The mana points
>  however, are a completely different matter...

So mana isn't based on a wis/int combo? After flipping through almost every
concievable source file, I notice that array. ^.^ If I add races, and add or
subtract from the rolled con, will it affect how much hp is given per lvl-up?
Also similar if the pc was carrying an item which boosted his con, and he
advanced a level, increasing his max hp even more?