Re: strange crash

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 07/02/00

> The code seems to run great, but sometimes it crashes, not every time
> the errors file show whats up but this time it said this:  SYSERR:
> gethostbyaddr: Connection timed out SYSERR: perform_socket_read: about
> to lose connection: Connection reset by peer
>
> Anyone able to help me to fix this, or tell me how to run checks when i
> dont get an errors message but just crashes

        This isn't that big of a deal.  It just means that your dns server
(Whatever is attached to the machine you're running on) is either not
responding, or slow.  When you loose the connection, that just means that
the person on the other end disconnected (or had his software
automatically disconnect him for some reason, like timeout).  This may be
a symptom of a crash, but these messages should not be interpreteted as a
direct indication of the crash.

                                                PjD