Re: [CODE] Compiling with MSVC5

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 07/05/00

> Now, Patrick,
>
> How would I go about and prototyping?  Could you perhaps give me an example
> that relates to the snippets I sent you, so I can understand how to do it...
> I know that the prototype goes in the top and all of that, I just don't
> understand the warning types, therefore, I can't fix it... :/

        You'll prototype just like normal, for each function that you got
a warning on, before you use the function.   There is not a single
universal example for prototyping, just declare the function, it's return
types and argument types if you're going to call the function before you
define it fully.  The warning you get is because if a function isn't
prototyped, some compilers assume that it automatically returns int, and
in somecases this is wrong.  That's where your first batch of errors comes
from.  The bit with the obj - it's not referenced... not used, it does
nothing.. why is it in that function?  Just remove it.  I don't know if
there's documentation readily available, but checking at the microsoft
answer center (or MSDN) seems like a good place to start.

        Of course, if the problem is that you don't know how to code, then
for now, just ignore the errors - they really don't do anything
substantial, and you chance messing something up by trying to fix them
without knowing what you're doing.

                                                PjD