Re: Old Question

From: razor (drbwana@tin.it)
Date: 07/14/00

> Was looking through the mail archives and couldn't find what I was
looking
> for. I'm looking to (with the addition of the quest editor) add in
MANY
> different mobs as spec_proc QuestMasters. I'd prefer to make it
something
> the quest designers can do without needing coder assistance.
Well...
The easy way:
1: add a "questmaster" mob-flag
2: translate the spec-proc into a standard function
3: add a command in interpreter.c to handle quest-request from players
4: add the "questmaster" case in mobile_activity() from mobact.c
It should work =)
The hard way which passes through a bramble wall:
Try to modify mob file format to allow builders to set the spec-proc
(maybe with an e-spec?), the files interested should be:
db.c (obviously, parsing e-spec)
spec-assign.c (add a table of names and function pointers to the
variuos spec-proc)
medit.c (add a menu, try to modify race or sex menu)
and maybe oedit.h
I think that the hard way is VERY better because your builders could
also create receptionists, city-guards and all the funny spec-mob
without bothering you.
Greethings from Italy and xcuse me for my bad English and my
worse-than-ever ideas =)
--
Razor [Chief of Darkmud: Breed of Darkness @ darkmud.gamersrevolt.com
4000]