Re: hedit

From: StormeRider (silk@ici.net)
Date: 07/15/00

At 01:08 PM 7/15/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Re: Request for HEDIT...
>
>Hello People,
>
>   Server: CircleMUD 3.0, bpl 17
>Add-ons: OasisOLC 2.0, Races, Classes, liblist, aedit 16
>       OS: Windows NT 4.0 Server
>Hardware: Dell Precision 210 Workstation, Dual Processor
>Compiler: Microsoft Developer Studio 97, C++ 5.0
>
>This is a request for the hedit snippet that work with the above setup...
>Read below for explanation...
>
>I have tried to patch in the hedit snippets found on the CircleMUD Developer
>site's FTP, but without any luck.  I have already got Aedit in and working,
>so I grasp how to add stuff, I just can't debug hedit because number one, I
>am using a different version of Oasis and Circle 3.0 than the patch was
>meant for; number two, I almost got oasis.c to work before I gave up(some
>minor errors and a couple of warnings), but the hedit was a mess when I
>stuck it into my Circle 3.0 bpl 17 with Oasis 2.0.
>
>Any help appreciated!
>
>Kind Regards,
>Torgny Bjers (Artovil)

Most of the snippets (quest editor, guild editor [unfinished], help editor,
social
editor) were all designed for OasisOLC 1.X. If you want to run OasisOLC 2, then
be prepared to learn the differences and fix.

olc_add_to_save_list is now add_to_save_list
same for remove_from_save_list

Include oasis.h as well as genolc.h in your C files.

Change the code that clears the screen to use clear_screen(d). Where it asks
for get_char_cols, replace it with get_char_colors.

Some of the things I remember having to modify. And get used to the SL_XXX
style of modifying the save list.

It's a bit of work, but in the long run, it's worth it.

--StormeRider

--
StormeRider             "Peace favor your code."
thelastsunrise.net 9000 (http://www.thelastsunrise.net)