Re: [NEWBIE] [CODE] Where do I edit skills?

From: Del (caminturn@earthlink.net)
Date: 07/16/00

Brian Beffa wrote:

> If I want t edit skills like bash and track what file do I look in?  I think
> I checked all the files in the src dir, and all i found were some defines.  I
> want to put in a new skill for warriors.

I hate writing below a quote!!!!!!!

Anyways, I did a search for "bash" to see what files contained that.
I came up with 9 files. I bet, if you copy the same things as bash
and manipulate it to another skill you will be fairly successful.

act.build.c
Something to think about, if you want your mobs to have a defense
against your
new skill:
  case 28:
        TOGGLE_BIT(MOB_FLAGS(mob), MOB_NOBASH);
        break;

act.movement.c
Another thing to think about, will it disable the character/mob?
  case POS_SITTING:
    send_to_char("You stand up.\r\n", ch);
    act("$n clambers to $s feet.", TRUE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);
    /* Will be sitting after a successful bash and may still be
fighting. */
    GET_POS(ch) = FIGHTING(ch) ? POS_FIGHTING : POS_STANDING;
    break;

act.offensive.c
The bash command:
ACMD(do_bash)

class.c
What class and what levels can use it??
  spell_level(SKILL_BASH, CLASS_WARRIOR, 12);

constants.c
const char *action_bits[] = {
<snip>
  "!BASH",

interpreter.c
Along with all the other commands:
  { "bash"     , "bash"         , POS_FIGHTING, do_bash     , 1, 0 },

spell_parser.c
  skillo(SKILL_BASH, "bash");

spells.h
#define SKILL_BASH                  132 /* Reserved Skill[] DO NOT
CHANGE */

structs.h
#define MOB_NOBASH       (1 << 16) /* Mob can't be bashed (e.g. trees)  */