Re: Improved do_consider with a simple combat simulator

From: Jason Beeland (jbeeland@bellsouth.net)
Date: 07/19/00

The only hole I see in this concept is that it would really only work for melee based classes like warriors etc.  Although, the normal consider command has the same hole.  But hey, if you are gonna rewrite it it's always good to make it as good as possible. :-) Since the majority of mage combat is spell based perhaps you should work in some skill/spell choices to add to the damage delt?  Could prolly do it with some checks on the skill table vs the character's class and level to come up with their highest level MAG_DAMAGE spell.  Skills would be a bit tougher though.

Just a thought,
Jason Beeland