Re: {newbie?} OLC

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 07/20/00

> At 02:54 PM 7/20/00 -0400, you wrote:
> >         Can you assign a person to more than one zone at a time using OLC
> >(Version 2.0.x) ?  If so, how?
> >
> >         Bobby
>

> The standard OLC does not allow you to do this. However, what I did
> was replace all checks for OLC permission with a call to check_olc_auth().

        Our version of check_olc_auth() checked a string saved on
characters, consisting of the following 3 elements; "*", "#-#", or "#".
Of course, # is a number.  That is, you can see something like "20 30
40-42" on one player, and "12", and most high admins of course, are "*",
which gives them access to all zones.

        Pretty easy to write a tiny loop to do string tokenization.

                                PjD