Re: [CODE?] Syserr when booting objects..

From: Thomas Arp (t_arp@mail1.stofanet.dk)
Date: 08/08/00

----- Original Message -----
From: "Torgny Bjers" <tb@sbbs.se>
To: <CIRCLE@POST.QUEENSU.CA>

> You mean that I have to manually change the world files every time someone
> creates a friggin scroll?  That's about retarded if you ask me.  How do I go
> about and fix this?  Should I force it in Oedit.c or fix it in the db.c boot
> when it reads the object?  I tried to set the value in the world file to -1
> and it worked, but I don't want to have to open every file up manually
> whenever a builder edits a scroll.. :)
>
> So, where do I fix it so it saves it down / reads it properly?

In oedit.c in oedit_parse()

Search for
case ITEM_SCROLL:
case ITEM_POTION:
      if (number < 0 || number >= NUM_SPELLS)
        oedit_disp_val2_menu(d);
      else {
        GET_OBJ_VAL(OLC_OBJ(d), 1) = number;
        oedit_disp_val3_menu(d);
      }
      break;

Now change the 0 to -1 and you're up and running...

Oh yeah - and do the same for the next two values..

Welcor