Re: Obuild

From: Sammy (samedi@ticnet.com)
Date: 08/29/00

From: "Matthew Kuebbeler" <flawed@SOUTHWIND.NET>
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2000 11:20 PM

> I recently got obuild.08 and attempted to place in a circle 30bpl17
> version. I've gotten quite a few problems that I can't seem to figure
> out. I was hoping you guys might be able to help.
> Also was curious if anyone has managed to get obuild to work on a bpl17
> version.

I can't remember off the top of my head which bpl that version was intended
for, but I'm sure some signifigant changes have been made to the stock code
that will cause problems (sh_ints changing to other typedefs, for example).
You didn't mention what method you used to install obuild.  If you used the
copy-over method, you'll need to copy the backups you made of your original
files (you did make backups, right?).

Wow, this is actually really well documented.  From the INSTALL.TXT file
included in .08:

"Obuild .08 is designed to be installed in a circle 3.0 patch level
12 mud.  The code can be installed one of three ways:  patching, copying
over the stock files, or cut & paste.  If your mud is a different version
of circle, or if your code is signifigantly changed from stock, you may
only be able to use the cut & paste option."

Sounds like a job for cut & paste.  Change the sh_int's to whatever the
current circle code is using.  If you run into any other weirdness I'll be
happy to help.

Sam