Re: Object tweaking

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 09/02/00

> Just wondering if anyone had any information regarding implementing "tweak"
> code on objects, what order
> should i be doing things? Do i add a modifeir to the object values when the
> object gets loaded?

        Probably when loaded is good.  I think the hardest part will be
determining how much any one given item should vary.  A sword that does
50-100 damage, won't notice a change of +2 damage.  A dagger that's 1-4
will have it's power increased more than 150% (taking intoaccount min
damage).  The other issue though, is how you're going to save these items.
All stock circlemud code is based on loading up from the prototype table.
You can change the numerical values on an item but they'll only stick for
as long as the object is in the game (ie, till the owner quits, etc).
Then they're loaded back up as standard items.

        So, you may want to look into xapobjs which allow that saving.

        As an end note - make sure you're not altering the stats on the
prototypes!

                                                PjD