Re: pointers...

From: Peter Ajamian (peter@pajamian.dhs.org)
Date: 09/04/00

Mike Redick wrote:

> Prologue:
>
> I made several large modifications to redit.c and some other files, in
> order to support a second set of exits that are stored as a linked list.

I hope you're not trying to re-invent the wheel, there's a very good
exits snippet on the developer site (I should know, I wrote it ;) ),
it's at...

http://developer.circlemud.org/1999/08/28/0728258.shtml

> The Question:
>
> How can I get it so that when I set exit_being_worked_on to NULL, the
> pointer back in struct room_data is also set to NULL?  I tried passing it
> as a reference, but apparently C doesn't support taht... :grumble:  Oh
> well, thanks for any help in advance.

Sure you can pass references in C, show me some of the relevent code and
I'll show you how.

Regards, Peter