Re: Ports

From: Zeavon (zeavon@kilnar.com)
Date: 09/08/00

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Emil Nilimaa wrote:

> Was wondering if anyone have some info on how to
> make your mud run on port 23. The default telnet port
> i belive. I guess it would be some problems with the
> server..

Other people have covered the how, but there is one detail has been
overlooked. If you have the mud answer to port 23, then your only other
way to access the shell is via SSH. While this isn't a problem at all (my
server only allows SSH access) it is something that you need to keep in
mind.

If you don't mind losing shell access on the machine, then using port 23
is possible... not wise, but possible.

--
Zeavon Calatin, MageMaster of the Realms
Spear of Insanity