Re: FTP site

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 10/02/00

> I'm trying to get my hands on the Oasis OLC 1.6 files, but for some
> reason i can't seem to connect to the /contrib folder in the ftp site,
> i thought this might have been a once of problem, but i've been trying
> for several days from different pc's, but no success.

        It gave me an error for a second too - something about the site
not existing.  Then, next try, it went right through.

        ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/contrib/

        Downloaded and read some source code (which reminds me..see below)
so it seems to work.  Don't know why there was a momentary blip.

        About the locate object spell, that's _still_ broken?  Why don't
you just save the argument before you cast the spell?  Makes life easier
for a couple hundred reasons (spells like weather change too).

Lets look at
http://post.queensu.ca/cgi-bin/listserv/wa?A2=ind9902&L=circle&P=R7842

        Granted, that doesn't include the code to free the duped spell
args, but really - check upon extraction, and before duplication, and set
to null upon initial load.  pretty easy.

                                                PjD