help in starting the server

From: Nizal Hassan (nizal@angelfire.com)
Date: 10/04/00

hello guys..i know maybe some of you may have answered this kind of question before but i'm a newbie in this mud server thingy and i need help...first..i've followed the instructions given on installing the mud..from ./configure to make. and then changing the port # in the autorun files. Anyway, i then type './autorun &', and the i'm brought to the familiar unix cursor. it echoes out '[1+Done ./autorun'. I then try 'telnetting to the server but nothing. Can't even get through..so what did i do wrong? i appreciate any help..thanks...

nizal

---
     "No love is worth so much, away, cruel Cupid!
    That makes it now my dearest prayer, to die.
    I pray to die, recalling how you've wronged me,
    Girl born to make my life a misery"
                                                -Ovid