Re: Random Thought

From: Tony Robbins (robbinsw@ucs.orst.edu)
Date: 10/10/00

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Jason Pullara wrote:

[snip]

> would it be possible (or, more appropriatly, a good idea) to have the
> stuff parsed like this...
>
> First, looks through the MCL.. if it doesnt see it, goto the Action Text
> (like slap, spit, moan ect...),
> then if its not found just give the typo message..

This would not really cause a problem per se, it just means that every
typo involves a full iteration check of every single (I believe--Circle
doesn't use any other searching algorithm, does it?) command and social.
If you're going to do this, at least make sure you're using a better
search algorithm like binary search--you'll just have to make sure
everything is sorted before you start, or else you won't get very far.

Basically, you're just rearranging the current system as a beautification,
because you don't like do_action() in the table, as far as I can see.  I'd
suggest looking at the code included with the social editor (AEDIT) patch
that is on the FTP site, to see exactly how it stores/sorts/separates
commands and socials.  It might be the next step in what you're working
out, anyway.

-Tony.