Ascii Player Files

From: Lord Kyu (Sythrel@Adelphia.net)
Date: 10/18/00

   I'll be the first to admit that my coding knowledge is a step below
par, though I made three days (approx. 12 hours) worth of attempts
trying to get different ascii player files to work for CircleMUD30bpl17
on a Windows system using MSVC.  I even gave my hand at trying to port
over the "Fixed Ascii Pfiles 2.0", to no avail, I'm back to square one
again.

   This post is a plea for anyone whom may have made a documentation for
adding ascii player files for Windows based on bpl17.  I've tried the
one that was posted for Windows, and on top of it missing quite a bit of
detail for different functions that use char_file_u, it also is for
bpl11. Normally I wouldn't ask, and flame as you may (through private
email, not the list), but I've felt I put in my time trying, searching
the different CircleMUD resource pages, reading code, and coding, to
finally throw my hands up and admit I'm in over my head.

[Side Note]

   Is there any reasoning behind having the sub-commands for quit and
shutdown?  I would have thought this could have been done differently to
avoid having useless commands show up on the do_commands listing.