Re: [CODE] Gaining exp ...

From: Zeavon (zeavon@kilnar.com)
Date: 10/22/00

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Kron wrote:

>    I'm having a slight problem with my mud. max_mortal_level is
> defined as being 99. Players reach level 99, and they can still gain
> exp. Their exp goes negative at this point and continues going down.
> I'm not sure why it's doing this, so I also have no clue how to fix
> this. Any ideas/suggestions on how I should fix this?

Pretty simply...

Find where they gain experience and check to see if their level >= 99. If
it is, just return, don't actually give them any experince. You may also
want to check and make sure that the exp gain is positive. Otherwise,
people at level 99 will never lose exp for dying and what-not.

--
Zeavon Calatin, MageMaster of the Realms
Spear of Insanity