Re: Triggers / Actions

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 10/25/00

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Lord Kyu wrote:

>   So, back to ground zero (not that I've left there).  I'm looking for
>an ascii character that could be sent to a player that is invisible, but
>also being one that most clients do not ignore by default.  Any
>thoughts, suggestions, or other means of preventing triggers, would be
>ideal in my conquest of eliminating computer vs. computer (instead of
>computer vs. player, like it should be for my realm).

I'd recommend looking at the source codes to some of the programs to
determine how they match.  You might be able to get away with a no-op
TELNET IAC command if they do the matching on the input stream and not what
ends up being displayed.  You'll need to find one that won't mess up their
screen and prevents triggers even in the case of clients who don't
understand IAC requests though. See src/telnet.h for the codes.  This
wouldn't work for any client that strips the IAC codes prior to match
checking.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org