Re: Skill costs

From: Juliano Ravasi Ferraz (jferraz@linkway.com.br)
Date: 10/26/00

Blake wrote:

> Hello,
>   Just q quick question, if I want skills to cost something from the user,
> such as movement, or hitpoints, I would just use a statment in the skill
> such as GET_MOVE(ch) -= number(1, 10); ??
>
> Thanks,
> Kronakus

With this, your character's movement points will drop below zero... Try
this:

{
  int move_cost;

  /* ... preparation for your skill ... */

  if ((move_cost = number(1, 10)) > GET_MOVE(ch)) {
    send_to_char("You are so tired.\r\n", ch);
    return;
  }
  GET_MOVE(ch) -= move_cost;

  /* ... your skill goes here ... */

}

Enjoy.

--
----=[ Juliano Ravasi Ferraz ]=----=[ jferraz@linkway.com.br ]=----
     Rayon Eletrônica e Informática Ltda. - Linkway Descalvado

Gun Control: Keep muzzle pointed at target.