Re: Error in save(ASCII Pfiles?)

From: Chris Hamilton (chamil3@uic.edu)
Date: 10/31/00

> p.s. Anyone that could help me figure out pointers and
> integers out there in MUDland? (:-P)

I could suggest grabbing yourself a C or C++ book and
reading the chapters on pointers... but the gist of it is
that "int *num" points to the address of where the integer
is stored, and is not the actual number... where "int num"
is the actual number itself.  When you put that little asterisk
that means that the variable name is a _pointer_ to the
address of the data structure (hence the name pointer).

Does that help?  If not, go back to my first suggestion and
grab a book on C Programming.

-Chris Hamilton