Re: [LINUX] Slackware and Core Dumps

From: Zeavon Calatin (zeavon@kilnar.com)
Date: 10/31/00

> All of this looks fine to me, but maybe I should be looking
> at something
> else.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  I would really
> appreciate it.

Make sure that you are not running the autorun script through 'su'.
Several years ago, I made the mistake of editing /etc/rc.d/rc.local
and doing something like this:

su mudacct -c /home/mudacct/mud/autorun

Because of security issues, any program that runs through su will
not dump a core. Also, the problem may be with your mud getting
SIGHUP and that won't cause a core dump, but it will certainly stop
your mud.

--
Zeavon Calatin, MageMaster of the Realms
Spear of Insanity