Re: Saving throw formula

From: The Merciless Lord of Everything (serces@mud.dk)
Date: 11/10/00

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, russ brown wrote:

> saving throw = 91 - level;
Yup.. That part had crossed my mind, but I think it's terribly unfair that
a lvl 100 attacking a lvl 100 will have the same saving throws as one
being attacked by a lvl 50 :) So.. Having a bit of help on my mathside
(everything above binary is just a load of gibberish to me anyways :), we
ended up with something like:

(100 - (lvl victim - lvl attacker)) / 2

Percentile depending on attacker and victim :) (or at least that was the
general idea).. thusly a victim of lvl 100 being attacked by a lvl 1 has
0.5 as saving throw (according to the above formula), and thusly a victim
of lvl 1 being attacked by a lvl 100 has 99.5 as saving throw. Same level
attacks give 50 in saving throw.

What happens afterwards can then be modified to fit the classes, Ie, if it
is a Knight being hit by a spell, Knight's saving throw is raised by X%
(not determined yet).

Now, anyone who can find anything wrong with that formula?

/S

Sir Alec Guinness
 - May the force be with you, Always!