[ADMIN] Mailing List FAQ Update (Part 2)

From: Alex (fletchra@qsilver.queensu.ca)
Date: 11/13/00

This is the second part of the FAQ.

Ae.
             CircleMUD Mailing List Frequently Asked Questions
                          (created July 9th, 1996)
                     (last updated November 13th, 2000)

   Authored and Maintained by: Alex Fletcher <fletchra@qsilver.queensu.ca>
        article?
   Q2:  How do I subscribe/unsubscribe to the list?
   Q3:  Are there any subject conventions I should follow?
   Q4:  What other conventions should I follow?
   Q5:  Why all of these rules on how to format messages?
 * Q6:  Is there an archive?
 * Q7:  Are there any resource archives for the mailing list?
 * Q8:  How often are articles processed? How are they processed? How
        about a digest?
 * Q9:  What other things should I know?
 * Q10: I hate the flames, what can I do?
 * Q11: Where can I find this FAQ?
 * Q12: What is the history of this FAQ?
          An up-to-date archive of the list since it moved to
          post.queensu.ca can be found at
          http://post.queensu.ca/listserv/wwwarch/circle.html
          If you'd rather read the messages in bulk, the FTP site has
          gzipped copies of the same material in the UNIX mailbox format
          -- ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/list/

   Q7: Are there any resource archives for the mailing list?
          Several resource archives are available to CircleMUD
          administrators. The main archive is the CircleMUD ftp site and
          web site. These are located at:
          ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/ and
          http://www.circlemud.org/
          Ceramic Mouse is located at: http://developer.circlemud.org/
          And finally, mirrors of the CircleMUD FTP Site:
          ftp://ftp.m-l.org/pub/CircleMUD/ and

   Q8: How often are articles processed? How are they processed? How
       about a digest?
          Posts to the mailing list are automatically processed by the
          LISTSERV(R) and sent out to the members of the list. There is
          now a digest option. To set this option, sent mail to
          <listserv@post.queensu.ca> with the body set circle digest.

   Q9: What other things should I know?
        - Aaargh! The traffic is too much!
          Perhaps switching to the daily digest mode would help? To do
          so, go to http://post.queensu.ca/listserv/wwwarch/circle.html
          and change your subscription options to turn on the digest.
        - Likewise, you can visit the same location to turn off the list
          while you are on holiday. Look for the 'NOMAIL' option. When
          you return from your holiday, you can turn the mailings back on
          the same way.
        - Copyright Myths are explained at
          http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html, it would be a
          good idea to give them a quick review.

   Q10: I hate the flames, what can I do?
          There is a second mailing list available, it is moderated, so
          the signal content should be reasonably high. The important
          data is listed below: