[CODE] ASCII pfiles w/o diskio.c

From: Brian Hartvigsen (hartvigsen@gci.net)
Date: 12/04/00

Alright I just finished debugging ASCII Player Files 2.01 with the removal
of diskio.c, I believe that by removing this file and all associated code
that it makes this version of ASCII Player Files more variable and allows
for it's usage on multiple operating systems.  To my knowledge there are
no more bugs, but we all know how that goes :)  Anyway I'm uploading the
patch file to the FTP site. [ascii.201.1.patch]

This patch was created using Cygwin.  To be all of honest I know nothing
about Cygwin (or patch, I had to get instructions from the FAQ) and the
only reason I got it was to make this patch file.

The only thing I ask is that if you find any problems or if you have
suggestions to make to this code please send it directly to me *before*
e-mailing it to the entire list.  I am going to try to keep on top of this
code with suggestions and improvements.

Just so I don't get blasted right off the bat there are some things
included in this patch file that don't do anything yet.  I removed some
variable checks cause I thought they were pointless (though I did leave
the declarations in so it could be easily  changed back.)  I am working on
adding everything back in..  It's just when you are trying something for
the first time things tend to get messy :)

      -~=<< Brian A. Hartvigsen >>=~-
      -~=<< hartvigsen@gci.net  >>=~-

"Don't be irreplaceable; if you can't be replaced,
       you can't be promoted." --Unknown