Re: [NEWBIE] I can't see whats wrong with this

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 12/06/00

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Luke Waite wrote:

>  if (GET_LEVEL(ch) <= 61) {
>    send_to_char("Poof!! You enter the social area.\r\n", ch);
[...]
>    }
>    else {
>      send_to_char("Use goto you lazy b@$tard!\r\n", ch);
>      return;
>    }
>}

Other people have (correctly) said the real problem with this code, so I'll
make some suggestions:

a) Why the '<=' 61 check? They typed it for a reason, just do it.  The only
   time that'd be useful is if you had some other extenuating restriction
   on the area.

b) Not everyone appreciates insulting error messages.