Multiple Spells / Oasis Note

From: Lord Kyu (Sythrel@Adelphia.net)
Date: 12/19/00

   Though I have grown used to it over the years, I'm working on balance
for my own realm now, and the fact that stock allows a mob to cast
anything from one to five (the max I've seen so far) spells per round,
can throw that balance way off.  I have tried putting in a wait state in
a few places, each returning undesired effects.  Was wondering if anyone
might have a suggestion on how to null this problem out of existence.

   Also, a question tossed out to those using and maintaining Oasis, it
has come to my attention that the way it does zone permissions is
inadequate for my current needs.  I was wondering if there was a reason
for saving zone permission in the player file, rather than saving them
into the zone file.  There have been a few times recently that I have
needed to have a player balance another zone, while they are working on
a new zone.  Currently, Oasis allows for one zone at a time, unless
giving a higher level which will in turn give access to all zones.

   Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, and I'm not sure if this is
stock Oasis, or something I inadvertently created, but it would seem
those without their OLC set, and who have access to the builder commands
(of course), are able to edit zone 0.  I use this for coded items
(starting eq, waybread, springs) and mobs (clones, spirits, servants),
so them editing this file could be untimely.