From: RJ Bean (naeis@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/23/00

I've been developing for a half a year now and I decided now was a good time
to go back and attempt to find all the little obscure bugs that slipped by
me over the fall season.  This obviously was a mistake because I've found a
bug that I don't remember what I could've tried to do that could've caused
it and I don't know how to fix it.  This is bad.
When attempting to log into a character that has already been made, like-
not making a new character.  It crashes when the player selects '1' from the
menu, right before game_play.  I've narrowed it down to the
save_char(d->character, NOWHERE); statement under case '1': of CON_MENU.
The save_char calls then calls char_to_store(ch, &st); which eventually
calls affect_to_char(ch, &st->affected[i]);
A logging script executes in affect_modify() saying that loc is assigned to
204, not a valid value, and that statement is logged probably a hundred or
so times.  Due to the for-next loop calling affect_to_char().  If anyone
knows what's going on here or needs more information.  I'm not sure what I
can provide.  But this sucks-  What a way to ruin one's christmas.

                      Andyrt of DaneuranMUD