Re: [NEWBIE] Moral Issue.. don't hate me for this.

From: Chris DePaola (SmokEater952@aol.com)
Date: 01/08/01

While I do not agree with some of the issues brought to this list about this
subject, I DO agree that is is a moral issue. As for legal, I do not know.
Copyright is not an implied thing the second your write something. If it was
everything that has ever been done has a copyright and that is not a correct
statement. Saying such a thing would mean that Circle was a stolen code, as
many other muds came before it, and I would be willing to bet that not every
single line is original and that would be impossible. Their is only so much
that can be done with code. That is how many ways are their to really make a
mud. Not as many as some may think. If you look at all the engines out, their
are some differences but just as many things that are the same. So as for a
legal issue I would be willing to bet that a legal fight would be very long
and drawn out, not one I would care to get into.

Sulux.