Re: [NEWBIE] Moral Issue.. don't hate me for this.

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@circlemud.org)
Date: 01/08/01

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Chris DePaola wrote:

> Copyright is not an implied thing the second your write something.

You are incorrect.

Please read up on the matter before misleading people as you are quite
clearly not familiar with copyrights, patents, trademarks, and the
associated laws and conventions.  I assure you, however, that I was
correct in saying copyright is implicit from the time of creation.  From
US Copyright Law:

  (a) In General.-Copyright in a work created on or after January 1, 1978,
  subsists from its creation. . .

That is, copyright exists as soon as the work is created.

-dak