Re: ASCII Pfiles (was: Color)

From: Lord Kyu (Sythrel@Adelphia.net)
Date: 01/15/01

George Greer wrote:

> I'm not sure what we're doing for OLC though.  I do know that OBuild is
> closer in spirit to what Jeremy originally wanted for CircleMUD in olc.c
> but I'm partial to killing olc.c and just replacing it with a link to
> OBuild and OasisOLC (and '/contrib/olc/online/ in general) on the FTP site.
> Perhaps a later (above interim release) could rememdy the lacking OLC.

   Personally, there are times I prefer people using Oasis, and there
are other times that I would rather using something like Obuild.  All
and all, in time, I think I am going to try to get both Oasis and Obuild
into my realm, with a toggle for the builder that he can use whatever
fits his needs.

   One thing that I noticed which Oasis doesn't have, if the ability to
change the stats of mobs.  Obuild, you can change a mobs strength,
dexterity, etc, though Oasis seems to have skipped over this ability.
Not a hard add in, but something to keep in mind if you are working on
fixing up Oasis anyhow.