Re: [PFILES] Equiptment Saving in Pfiles?

From: Sammy (samedi@ticnet.com)
Date: 01/16/01

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:39:00 -0700, Kaun Lazaro wrote:

>I'm looking to add a section at the bottem of my pfiles that includes all of
>the items they are wearing and in their inventory, I'd also like to make it
>so everything goes back to how it was when they quit ie autoeq, but am not
>sure how to do this and still have text pfiles... or object files.

"Still have text pfiles... or object files?"

I don't understand what you mean by that.

If you want player data and their equipment both in the same file,
first you'll need to have ascii (text) player files and object files.
You can get patches to do both at ftp.circlemud.org.

If you already have those patches installed and working, it is
possible to combine the files, but it will require somewhat advanced
coding ability.  You would need to add an indication that the player
data is ending and the object data is starting in the combined file.
You ill need to unify the player saving and object saving functions.

There are probably other difficulties I'm not remembering right now.
A long time ago I had objects in my pfiles but eventually decided that
it was better to seperate them.

Sam