Re: [CODE][BUG] in circle3.0bpl17 stock

From: Jennifer Harless (JHarless@purduenc.edu)
Date: 01/22/01

I think I know what he's talking about.  It happened to me, for example,
after I installed the abbrevs.txt snippet from the ftp site.  When a mortal
(I never tried NPCs) tried to send a tell using a shortened name (e.g. "tell
ande Look, I'm sending a tell") the MUD would respond that the user doesn't
exist, even though ande is a shortened form of my character name Andelana.
I made basically the same change he did, but in the function "is_tell_ok"
in act.comm.c, I added a line that said:

 else if (IS_NPC(vict) && GET_LEVEL(ch) < LVL_IMPL)
   send_to_char("What could you possibly have to say to a mobile?\r\n", ch);

The GET_LVL part is just a check - my mortals cannot send tells to mobiles,
but my IMPL can.  That part can be removed if you like.  I'm not much of a
coder yet but this appears to take care of the problem for me.

-Jen