Re: Couple Problems,

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 01/26/01

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, William Jeanveau wrote:

>George Greer wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, William Jeanveau wrote:
>>
>> >Not sure wether or not these are common or not, but I run circle30bpl17,
>> >first off when a char self-deletes, or I wipe the players file, object
>> >files are still left hanging around, meaning they log back in 5 months
>> >down the road they keep the same eq.
>>
>> Don't run 'purgeplay', do you?
>
>Ok thanks..

That's not saying we should never delete the files in the MUD itself but
that there is already a different way to take care of it.

>I have a fido set up to dish out tons of exp bring on a test char, only
>exp accumulated is when the fido dies, aswell how would I go about making
>it the total amount of exp gained displayed at the bottom rather than
>what you earned on the last hit.

Level 0 fido. ;)

There currently is no way to determine the damage dealt by a player during
the fight.  You would have to come up with some custom solution.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org