Re: [NEWBIE] question

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@circlemud.org)
Date: 04/03/01

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Peter Ajamian wrote:

> Close, but not quite.

I believe he meant it was _like_ that statement.  The code he presented
obviously wasn't valid C -- it lacked semicolons where they would be
needed and while,

  "true";

is not technically bad code, it has no (meaningful, tangible) effect.
This interpretation of what he said is lent a bit of credibility because
he did, after all, say, that, "it works like this," rather than, "it is
the same as this."

> 1 ?
>   printf("true\n");
> :
>   printf("false\n");

Well, it's not exactly the same, but

  (1 ? printf("true\n") : printf("false\n"));

is perfectly valid code.  Not that I'd recommend ever doing that.

-dak