Re: [Admin] olc tutorial areas or Training New Builders

From: Brandon Brown (BBrown@uasoft.com)
Date: 04/19/01

> Has anyone ever worked on some sort of training area for new builders? I
> envision an OLC University where potential builders come to learn their
new
> skills. Mob taught? some sort of specproc code to teach? someway to assign
> temporary zones to new builders that can't crash the rest of the mudlib?
> any constructive responses appreciated.

A search for "builder academy circle" on mudconnect.com --->

Builder's Academy
Last Updated: October 9, 2000
Mud Created: October, 2000
Code Base: Circlemud Circle 3.0 bpl 17, Oasis OLC 2.0, DG_Scripts 0.99
Site: cruelworld.dune.net 9091 [206.168.137.34]
Admin Email: wintersn.geo@yahoo.com
Theme: Teaching Builders

"The most challenging aspect of running a mud these days is finding good
builders. You hear this from the admin of
every mud that has ever been. In the past it has always been up to each
individual mud to find and usually train
their own builders. This works, but I think the circlemud community can come
up with something better. So how do we
find good builders? Simple, you find someone with the will, and you show
them the way.... " etc.

 - B. Brown