Re: [CODE] More fun!

From: Mike Breuer (mbreuer@new.rr.com)
Date: 06/04/01

From: "Alex" <ahdecker@HOME.NET>
> Indeed- after reboot only the #4 flag is set, which happens to be MOB_ISNPC
>
> ie. #define MOB_ISNPC   (3)          ..from structs.h
>
> which, in the note beside it, says it automatically set for all mobs.
>
> my assumption is that, since it's negative, asciiflag_conv is choking on the
> '-' sign and returning 0 so that only 4 is set, which was not read from the
> file. Of course this is a total guess.. :P

Bit 32 (1 << 31) is the sign bit, so this could be a signed/unsigned problem.
A more likely cause might be that somewhere there is some code that is not
seeing the - sign as a digit, and is erroring at that point.  I would look
carefully at the code that is parsing the mob file, as it seems that that is
where the problem is.

Mike