Re: CODE: Regexp/email check

From: Peter Ajamian (
Date: 06/07/01

Torgny 'Artovil' Bjers wrote:
> At 13:53 2001-06-07 -0700, Peter Ajamian wrote:
> >What I do on RD is to simply send an email to the email address
> >provided.  That email contains an unlocking code which is required to
> >enter the game for the first time.  It doesn't check to see if the email
> >addy conforms to any "rules", but I could care less about rules as long
> >as it works.
> Hey, this is a very good idea.  Think I will try to do that, are you
> willing to hint a little at how you did it, as far as the process of
> character creation, what happens when, and how they get to input the unlock
> code?

Well, you can see for yourself better than I can explain it here.  Try port 7777 and attempt to create a new character
and enter the game with it, you'll see how it works.  I'll explain the
admin-side of things here, though...

Ceartain level immortals can use the set command to clear a player's
email-verified flag (only implementors can set the flag as it should
really only be set by a player's verifying thier email in the normal
manner).  If, for example, a staff person needs to send email to a player
and it bounces they would clear the flag which would force the player to
complete the verification process before they can play again.

Regards, Peter