Re: [Newbie] How do I add races and hometowns?

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@circlemud.org)
Date: 06/15/01

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Juliano Ravasi Ferraz wrote:

> Weak and dumb implementation.

Yikes.  Check your tone a little, please.  The helpful messages aren't the
ones we need to be calling, "weak and dumb."

>   for (door = 0; door < NUM_OF_DIRS; door++)
>     if (EXIT(ch, door) && EXIT(ch, door)->to_room != NOWHERE)
>       slen += sprintf(buf + slen, "%s%c ", LOWER(*dirs[door]),
>                       EXIT_FLAGGED(EXIT(ch, door), EX_CLOSED) ? "!" :
> "");

As with always, if you're going to call someone else's code, "weak and
dumb," you should check that yours is correct.  Note that you've reversed
the format arguments to sprintf()...

--
Daniel A. Koepke (dak), dkoepke@circlemud.org
Caveat emptor: I say what I mean and mean what I say.  Listen well.