Re: [Newbie] How do I add races and hometowns?

From: Daniel A. Koepke (
Date: 06/15/01

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Juliano Ravasi Ferraz wrote:

> Weak and dumb implementation.

Yikes.  Check your tone a little, please.  The helpful messages aren't the
ones we need to be calling, "weak and dumb."

>   for (door = 0; door < NUM_OF_DIRS; door++)
>     if (EXIT(ch, door) && EXIT(ch, door)->to_room != NOWHERE)
>       slen += sprintf(buf + slen, "%s%c ", LOWER(*dirs[door]),
>                       EXIT_FLAGGED(EXIT(ch, door), EX_CLOSED) ? "!" :
> "");

As with always, if you're going to call someone else's code, "weak and
dumb," you should check that yours is correct.  Note that you've reversed
the format arguments to sprintf()...

Daniel A. Koepke (dak),
Caveat emptor: I say what I mean and mean what I say.  Listen well.
Caveat venditor: Say what you mean, mean what you say.  Say it well.