Re: Long long int's and sprintf

From: Daniel A. Koepke (
Date: 06/17/01

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001, Cris Jacobin wrote:

> What is the difference between using %lu, %llu and the strtoull
> function to write out the bitvector?

%lu is for unsigned long int; %llu (and %Lu and %qu, for that matter) is
for unsigned long long int.  strtoull() doesn't help us write out a
bitvector at all -- it helps us convert a string to an unsigned long long
(hence the name of the function), so we can use it if we read, say,
"123456" from a file and want to convert that string to a number.

Daniel A. Koepke (dak),
Caveat emptor: I say what I mean and mean what I say.  Listen well.
Caveat venditor: Say what you mean, mean what you say.  Say it well.