Re: Poll: Where did you get your CircleMUD?

From: Rob Masten (diablo@deathwalker.net)
Date: 07/02/01

>> 1.  When did you download CircleMUD?

 most recently, about a few weeks ago
 orginally, like 1993 or 1994?

>> 2.  What version of CircleMUD did you download?

 recently: del's latest bundle
 orginally: no clue... what ever the latest was... maybe bpl8?

>> 3.  Was it stock or was it a contributed server?

 recently: contributed
 orginally: stock

>> 4.  What was the exact filename (if you can remember) of the server you
>> downloaded?

 recently: Bundle18a.zip
 orginally: Circle30bpl8.tar.gz?

>> 5.  Why did you pick that particular version or server?

 recently: had most of the stuff I wanted to use as a base and my version
           of Hedit was corrupted.
 orginally: it was the most recent update at the time and I was teaching
            myself C and it looked like nice clean code to learn from

>> 6.  If you had to do it over again now would you use the same server?
>> If not, what would you use and why?

 recently: no, this was my first time with a contributed server and every
           mud I code is different, so I would probably use stock again
           as a stable starting point for 'someone else's mud' (see below)

Just as a side note... I have the strange habit of coding muds that other
people end up running after I customize it to basically what they want.
I am finally coding a mud that I am personally going to put up, admin, and
watch over, so I started with Del's bundle to start a little ahead before
I hack the crap out of it....

sorry this is so late behind everyone else's, I am catching up on the
posts I didn't have time to read from last month.