Re: CODE: A Trivial Duplication Bug in bpl17 and Before

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@circlemud.org)
Date: 07/13/01

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Dave Willard wrote:

> You can also exploit this bug by saving, droppong gold, logging on
> again to password prompt, quiting original char, then logging back on.
> You will have the gold and a pile of gold at yer feet. Dave

I chose dying because dropping normally causes the PLR_CRASH flag to be
set on you, which means that the character could be saved before you start
the relogin.  However, since you brought it up, I figured I should
re-evaluate that: as it happens the PLR_CRASH flag is only set from within
obj_from_char() and obj_to_char(), and not from dropping coins.  While the
WAIT_STATE that gets set when you drop coins could make it more difficult
to time, there's still plenty of time.

So, good catch, I think this will work consistently.

Anyway, the aforementioned fix should cover both.  It might be worth also
setting PLR_CRASH when people drop coins.

-dak