Sedit / Shops / oBuild?

From: Timbrewolf (brandon@timbrewolf.com)
Date: 07/27/01

In trying to track down the corruption error I was getting with Oasis OLC
Sedit in my version of bpl17 (Red Hat 6.2), I downloaded the standard bpl18
code, compiled it.  Then patched it with the Oasis 2.01 bpl18 patch.
After recreating the makefile, I compiled the code without error and logged
in to edit a shop.

After sediting a current shop, changing a couple minor items, and saving
internally, when I did 'show shops', it crashed also.

I haven't been able to find the specific problem that corrupts the .shp
files (syslog.CRASH doesn't have any info and I didn't set break points).

I guess my next question is:  has anyone tried to incorporate the obuild
sedit into Oasis to replace the Oasis sedit?

My builders are setting up a number of shops (original world) and I'm not
good enough as of yet to go through and revamp Oasis sedit on my own.  If
anyone has any further information, or tried anything else and can save me
the trouble if it doesn't work, please let me know :)

Thanks!

Brandon