Re: [AD] Looking for a Coder

From: Tony Robbins (robbinwa@mailbox.orst.edu)
Date: 08/20/01

Hi all,

A long time ago, Patrick Dughi replied to an e-mail that was looking for a
coder.  He pointed out the reasons why he was currently mudless:

(from archive)
"I'm currently mud-less right now for a few reasons;

        1. Had a clear view of what they wanted.  Didn't tell anyone what
that view was. Changed it every 3 weeks.  Expected everyone to work their
ass off to achieve said view.  Got upset when people didn't, got upset
when people did and caused unexpected situations (like balancing the mud
means changing damage on some weapons..)

        2. Had two modes; angry, and repetant about being angry.

        3. Took everything personally (caused reason 2).

If you never had those sorts of problems, I'd be happy to help out.
Elsewise, I'll wait for someone who does :)"

I'm currently in the same situation.  I'm looking to code and (MAYBE) build,
as part of a team that is motivated and clear.  If anybody wants to discuss
working arrangements, please e-mail me directly and something will be set
up.  I want to work on a MUD project that has a future, and I have ideas to
contribute as well.

For references, just go through the archives.  I've been here a while.  I've
released a few things, made a few mistakes, and tried to be helpful now and
then.

Thanks,
-Tony Robbins.