Re: New CircleMUD License FAQ

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 08/25/01

On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, Robert S. Hines wrote:

>        First off, I love OOP - not mindlessly, but anything more complex
>than a .cgi script :-). Secondly, I like threads. Lot's and lots of
>threads intertwined to make a whole and speed things considerably. And
>before I get the rash of emails explaining how difficult and anti-
>portable that would be, lemme say I have been writing code for +15 years
>now and I am well aware of how big my mouth is and what I can bite off.

I've wanted whatever new project to have a the characters treated as their
own thread logically.  Whether that's implemented as a real thread, a
separate process each, or just creative switching (i.e., GNU pth) doesn't
matter a lot to me.  It might not end up that way but it seems a logical
way to represent it.

>        If someone is interested in splitting off and writing from the
>ground up in C++ I would be very interested in the project. I'm recently
>much more of a win32 developer (manager/whatever) and I love emacs. I'd
>be willing to dedicate some time to the new development, and will
>probably just go off and do it myself if no one takes the lead.

Not from scratch and not very active though.
        http://avp.dhs.org/leximud/

Don't hold your breath for anything I'd be doing.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org