Re: [Question][Code] Combining messages

From: Dust (dustlos@hotmail.com)
Date: 09/10/01

Ah, nice patch it works but with an odd glitch in it that results in
some very random (XX*).

Not too sure what it is but here are some things in case anyone has
some advice:
(using http://developer.circlemud.org/old-patches/double.patch )

Output from have TWOX debug on, I added txt, twox, and t->output to
the log. This is from the WELC_MESSG and the double code makes it
appear as this:
Welcome(77*) to the Realm of Shadows, may your stay here be full of...
life.

Sep 10 13:49:26 :: 32-116-111-32:    to the Realm of Shadows, may your
stay here be full of... life.^M
^M
^M
 ^M
Welcome to the Realm of Shadows, may your stay here be full of...
life.^M
^M
^M

Sep 10 13:49:26 :: 32-116-111-32:    to the Realm of Shadows, may your
stay here be full of... life.^M
^M
^M
 ^M

This is the actual message:
const char *WELC_MESSG =
"\r\n"
"Welcome to the Realm of Shadows, may your stay here be full of...
life."
"\r\n\r\n";

Also, my poor ascii maps get slaughtered, I'm guessing its something
in color replacement (I tried to have the color replace code above and
below the double code with no difference of results)

It appears like this:
%
+*@
%

instead of this:
 %
+*@
 %

Also, some room titles get (XX*) in front of them.