Re: gbd erron dg scripts

From: Welcor (welcor@dune.net)
Date: 09/23/01

----- Original Message -----
From: "nwhite" <nathanmwhite@EARTHLINK.NET>
> > >Heyas,
> > >I added dgscripts and compiled fine, but
> > >mud wouldnt run, but with gdb i recieved the following:
> > >
> > >Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> > >assign_triggers (i=0x81610c0, type=0) at dg_db_scripts.c:317
> > >317             rnum = real_trigger(trg_proto->vnum);
> > >
> > >but i havent quite figured out how to fix just yet. if anyone knows
> > >before i get it, please tell me. im anxious to get mud back for
> > >my two wonderful builders. Thanks,

My guess (I'd like to have seen a full backtrace and perhaps a little more
info) will be:

You're calling assign_triggers with the wrong parameters. This will cause
the check just above the above line to fail (if you have a pointer to a
struct obj_data and dereference it as char_data, you'll get an invalid
pointer to the trg_proto. Make sure all calls in db.c are in the correct
places (create_obj, read_object and read_mobile) and have the correct
parameters (OBJ_TRIGGER vs. MOB_TRIGGER).

If this doesn't help, I'd like to see a full backtrace. Feel free to email
me directly.

Welcor