Re: [CODE][BUG] Exploitable bug in do_flee/do_simple_move

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 09/29/01

On Sun, 30 Sep 2001, Mike Breuer wrote:

> [...]

Two methods would be:

1) Each trigger is a list of functions to call.  Each trigger function in
the list is a generic, shareable SPECIAL.  (e.g.: an aggressive mobile
on_room_enter trigger and guard shout at criminal on_room_enter trigger)

2) Each trigger type calls a single special procedure with an argument that
it uses to decide what to do.  Each special procedure then can call
smaller, generic "helper" procedures for stuff like the shared aggressive
mobile handling.

>> A late reply, but check the date and you'll understand.
>
>Understood.  In fact, one of the reasons I posted that day was that I was
>having trouble focusing on work.  :-(

I had to go reboot a box 30 minutes away at work that hadn't come back up
the night before. sigh, no rest for the administrators.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org