Re: Load Room

From: Mike Breuer (mbreuer@new.rr.com)
Date: 10/05/01

From: "Mark Garringer" <zizazat@HOTMAIL.COM>
> I am having some issues with save_char and load_room that I would like to
> get worked out. I would like to have characters save/quit and return to the
> same room they left from.

I'm using an older code base, and I noticed the function names have changed
around a little bit, but this should do it for you:

In handler.c, extract_char_final() (or extract_char() if you're using an
older code base like I am):

void extract_char_final(struct char_data *ch)
{
+ room_rnum save_room = ch->in_room;

-   save_char(ch, NOWHERE);
+   save_char(ch, save_room);

This leaves some redundant calls to save_char() in ACMD(do_quit)
(act.other.c) and gen_receptionist(..) (objsave.c), which you can comment
out, if you wish.

Mike