Re: Are there any free game mechanics engines other than D&D 2nd ed? (WAS: OGL and the d20 system)

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 10/22/01

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Emmett Plant wrote:

>Then again, all of this has happened before, and it will all happen
>again. If anyone's interested in putting together a free
>damage/battle/armor schema, drop me mail privately, it sounds like fun.

Sounds like a job that would have interest on the MUD-Dev mailing list.
See:
        http://www.kanga.nu/
and:
        mud-dev@kanga.nu

There might be something in the archives or the web page you can start with
to resume that line of conversation.

You're free to discuss it here, but a lot of people here won't be
interested in changing their system from the CircleMUD default.  MUD-Dev is
about the discussion of MUD mechanics in general so you won't have people
tied to one general system.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org